Patchwerk Recording Studios presents The I dO MUSIC Podcast .......
In this episode Sammy sits down to speak with Interscope Records national director of urban promotions Keinon Johnson about ....
- Growing up during the crack era in Harlem
- His days at Priority Records
- How Master P changed the game & provided current artist with the blueprint to success
- His role as the National Director of Urban Promotions for Interscope Records
- Why Atlanta is so important in todays music scene
- The difference between Atlanta & New York hip hop
- How he felt when Kendrick Lamar won his grammy
- How & why he came up with the Never Sold Dope brand
- The one album he wishes he could go back in time to work on & be a part of
- The importance of giving back & cultivating new talent
- What characteristics in people he respects
Patchwerk Recording Studios presents the I dO MUSIC Podcast ft. Jason Geter
In this episode Jason & Sammy discuss....
- moving from Brooklyn to Atlanta
- how he got his start in the music industry
- how he & T.I. met
- his brief rap career
- the importance of being a mentor as a black executive
- hip hop as "our culture"
- his various business ventures (Grand Hustle, Strivers Row, Culture Republic)
- stepping away from Grand Hustle
- keys to success in the music industry
Patchwerk Recording Studios presents The I dO MUSIC Podcast
In this episode Amina discuss the following....
- How she got started in management
- What managers do & what they are responsible for
- The difference between an agent & a manager
- What labels are looking for in an artist
- What characteristics she is looking for in an artist
- When an artist should seek management
- How managers get paid
- Her werking relationship with Gucci Mane
- Being a woman in a male dominated industry
- the importance of having a strong team
Patchwerk Recording Studios presents the I dO MUSIC Podcast
featuring Kawan "KP" Prather... In this episode KP discusses...
- How Pebbles & LA Reid were responsible for his 1st A&R Job
- Trappin' at the Atlanta Airport as a kid
- Hustlin' LL Cool J out of $30 bucks
- Winning a Grammy
- Meeting T.I. for the 1st time
- What skills & characteristics he looks for in an artist
- The importance of having a great team around you
- His favorite song that he worked on (production wise)
- What he enjoys about deejaying
- What it's like werking with Pharrell at I Am Other